Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What a week

It has been a really sad week folllowing the devastating earthquake that hit Christchurch just last week. On Tuesday all of New Zealand observed a two minute silence which was impossible to do without crying. I can't begin to imagine what my fellow NZers are going through in Christchurch. I live in Wellington, which is known for its seismic activity. We actually had a 4.5 quake here on Tuesday night and I was terrified having seen the destruction this force of nature can cause. My 100 year old house still shook and creaked enough to have me leap out of bed, ready to scoop children out of bed if necessary. Luckily our quake was brief and small in comparison. I think any earthquake we experience now will frighten people more than ever before.

So it was a real spirit lifter to log on and find that Gill at Gillyflower had awarded a stylish blogger award. Thank you so very much - I am hugely honoured. You have made my day!

I have been told that there are 3 parts to accepting this award. The first being that you thank the person who awarded you, and acknowledge their blog. The second thing is to tell 8 things about myself and the third thing is to pass this lovely award on to 8 other blogs that I love.

So here are 8 little things about me ...
  1. I am left handed but have been taught to crochet and knit right handed so my brain gets easily confused!

  2. My two favourite movies are Love Actually and Moonstruck - cheesy but great!

  3. I own a tiny, very old Fiat 500 and 'she' was recently featured in Next magazine here in NZ.

  4. I never leave the house without my lippie on.

  5. I love the smell of freshly mown lawn.

  6. In my 'old' life I worked in an advertising agency. My job was based around television advertising which meant I had to watch a lot of TV for research purposes! That was my excuse anyway.

  7. I absolutely adore red nail polish. Occasionally I'll change it to dark brown but red is by far my fave. And I am never without it!

  8. My favourite treat is strawberries followed very, very closely by chocolate covered licorice bullets! Neither of which last very long in my house.

As for choosing 8 blogs to pass this award onto - well that's a really difficult task! There are so many wonderful blogs out there that I come across on a daily basis. I have chosen the following blogs as they all inspire me with their creativity, colour and make me smile whenever I visit. I am fairly new to blog land so forgive me if you have already been subject to this award. Please accept it again with my best wishes.


Enjoy!

PS: My cushion is nearly complete - hope to finish it tomorrow! I can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leah!

    You have a wonderful blog.
    Thank you for the award. It's great you appreciate my blog, that makes me happy!
    The only thing is: I won't pass it on. I hope you don't mind.

    Regards,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Leah
    I am so glad that you are pleased to receive the award - after the terrible time you are experiencing it is good to know that an unexpected thing like this can lift your spirits. It must be a frightening time adjusting to what has happened.
    Wishing you and your family all my best wishes
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the award! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I've been suffering from a horrible cold and am just trying to catch up now. I love your blog and will be back soon. Rachael Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! Have a fab day.